Affiliate Disclosure: We may earn commissions from purchases made through links in this post
- GO FURTHER: Soak up the sights while looking good with Viribus's urban electric bike! With a lasting 36V ebike battery that provides a pedal-assisted range of 50 miles and a full-throttle range of 28 miles, getting wherever you need to go has never been easier
- 3 CUSTOM MODES: Our 26″ electric bicycle works well as a standard 7-speed beach cruiser bike with a Shimano derailleur, but it shines as a cruise control scooter with an adjustable max speed up to the 20mph legal limit and as a pedal-assisted electroped with five levels at 60, 70, 80, 90, and 100% of your top speed
- RELIABLE SAFETY: The lightweight yet sturdy aluminum alloy frame hauls up to 265 pounds but never becomes a burden; the front and rear disc brakes provide fast and even stopping power whenever needed; and the anti-theft alarm system and waterproof headlight ensure you and your investment stay safe and secure at all times
- GREAT COMFORT: This adult electric bicycle's clear LED display, front suspension fork, wide leather saddle, front basket & rear seat, and USB charging port combine to provide you with superior comfort and convenience during your rides
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: Intuitive design and clear instructions guide quick and easy assembly of our 85% preinstalled e-bike; order this motorized bike from Viribus with your peace of mind assured and enjoy greater health and an easier commute for years to come!
Things To Consider When Buying An Electric Bike
Are you thinking of buying an electric bike for yourself? Electric bikes have become extremely popular in recent years, and for many good reasons. They offer an effortless way to travel and enjoy the outdoors while being environmentally friendly. But with so many options available, it can be overwhelming to choose the right electric bike for you. In this guide, we’ll provide some tips on what to look for when buying an electric bike for adults.
1. Determine Your Riding Needs
The first step in buying an electric bike is to assess your riding needs. Consider how you plan to use your electric bike, whether it’s for commuting to work, mountain biking, or city cruising. This will help you narrow down your options and select an electric bike that is suitable for your needs.
2. Select Your Motor
The engine is one of the most critical components of an electric bike. It affects how fast you can go and how much you can travel on a single charge. The main types of electric motors for bikes are the hub and mid-drive kinds.
Hub motors are placed within the wheels and provide power to the bike’s rear wheel. They are simple to maintain and more affordable than mid-drive motors. However, they can add weight to the bike and make it more difficult to handle.
Mid-mounted motors, on the other hand, are found close to the bike’s bottom bracket and provide power to the chain. They are efficient and offer better torque. However, they can be more expensive and need more upkeep.
3. Evaluate the Battery
The battery is another important component to consider when buying an electric bike. It determines how far you can go on a single charge. Most electric bikes come with lithium-ion batteries, which are reliable and long-lasting.
The battery capacity is measured in watt-hours. The higher the watt-hours, the further you can travel on a single charge. For daily purposes, a battery with a capacity of 400Wh or more is advised.
4. Consider the Weight
The weight of the electric bike is an important factor to consider. Electric bikes are known to be weigh more than traditional bikes due to the added weight of the motor and battery. However, the weight can differ based on the bike type and components.
For commuting or casual rides, a lighter electric bike may be preferable. However, if you plan on using your electric bike for off-road trails or mountain biking, a heavier bike may be safer.
5. Evaluate the Bike’s Features
When choosing an electric bike, consider the features that are important to you. Some popular features include suspension systems for rough terrain, fenders and lights for commuting, and adjustable seats and handlebars for customized comfort.
6. Take the Bike for a Test Ride
Before making a purchase, it’s important to test ride the electric bike. This will allow you to get a feel for the bike’s handling and performance and ensure that it meets your needs.
7. Consider the Price
Electric bikes can vary in price from relatively inexpensive to bikes that cost several thousands of dollars. Assess your budget and prioritize the features that matter to you. While a higher price may mean better quality and features, there are often budget-friendly electric bikes available with good features.
8. Read Reviews and Conduct Research
Researching and reading reviews is a crucial step when purchasing an electric bike. Seek reviews from reliable sources and factor in the experiences of other riders. Additionally, research the brand and warranty coverage to ensure that you are getting a reliable and durable electric bike.
9. Evaluate Maintenance and Repair
Maintenance and repair are important considerations when buying an electric bike. Factor in the cost of repairs and the availability of replacement parts. It is recommended to select an electric bike from a brand that offers reliable support and warranty coverage.
10. Choose a Reputable Dealer
Choosing a reputable dealer is important when buying an electric bike. Search for a dealer with positive customer reviews and expertise in electric bikes. A reputable dealer will provide guidance and support in choosing the right electric bike and offer maintenance and repair services.
When buying an electric bike for adults, it’s important to consider your riding needs and preferences, the motor and battery, the weight and features of the bike, and the price, reviews, maintenance, and dealer. By considering these factors, you can choose an electric bike that fits your needs and delivers a fun and efficient riding experience.
Don't forget to prior to purchasing conduct research and read reviews to make an informed decision. Additionally, consider the maintenance and repair requirements of the bike and choose a reputable dealer with good customer reviews.
Finally, an electric bike can be a great investment in your health, transportation, and enjoyment of the outdoors. With technology advances and increasing popularity, there are numerous electric bike options available to fit different budgets and preferences. By applying the tips and guidelines discussed in this guide, you can make an informed decision and enjoy the benefits of electric biking.