Affiliate Disclosure: We may earn commissions from purchases made through links in this post
- GO FURTHER: Soak up the sights while looking good with Viribus's urban electric bike! With a lasting 36V ebike battery that provides a pedal-assisted range of 50 miles and a full-throttle range of 28 miles, getting wherever you need to go has never been easier
- 3 CUSTOM MODES: Our 26″ electric bicycle works well as a standard 7-speed beach cruiser bike with a Shimano derailleur, but it shines as a cruise control scooter with an adjustable max speed up to the 20mph legal limit and as a pedal-assisted electroped with five levels at 60, 70, 80, 90, and 100% of your top speed
- RELIABLE SAFETY: The lightweight yet sturdy aluminum alloy frame hauls up to 265 pounds but never becomes a burden; the front and rear disc brakes provide fast and even stopping power whenever needed; and the anti-theft alarm system and waterproof headlight ensure you and your investment stay safe and secure at all times
- GREAT COMFORT: This adult electric bicycle's clear LED display, front suspension fork, wide leather saddle, front basket & rear seat, and USB charging port combine to provide you with superior comfort and convenience during your rides
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: Intuitive design and clear instructions guide quick and easy assembly of our 85% preinstalled e-bike; order this motorized bike from Viribus with your peace of mind assured and enjoy greater health and an easier commute for years to come!
Helpful Tips When Choosing A New Electric Bike
Are you thinking of buying an e-bike for yourself? Electric bikes have become extremely popular in recent years, and for many good reasons. They offer an easy way to travel and exercise while reducing your carbon footprint. But with so many options available, it can be overwhelming to choose the right electric bike for you. In this guide, we’ll provide some tips on what to look for when buying an electric bike for adults.
1. Assess Your Riding Requirements
The first step in buying an electric bike is to determine your riding needs. Think about how you plan to use your electric bike, whether it’s for commuting to work, riding on off-road trails, or city cruising. This will help you narrow down your options and choose an electric bike that meets your specific requirements.
2. Choose Your Motor
The engine is one of the most critical components of an electric bike. It affects how fast you can go and how far you can travel on a single charge. The main types of electric motors for bikes are the hub and mid-drive kinds.
Hub-driven motors are located in the wheels and deliver power to the bike’s rear wheel. They are easy to maintain and more affordable than mid-drive motors. However, they can make the bike heavier and affect handling.
Mid-drive motors, on the other hand, are located near the bike's bottom bracket and provide power to the chain. They are more efficient and offer better torque. However, they can be costlier and require more maintenance.
3. Consider the Battery
The battery is another important component to consider when buying an electric bike. The battery capacity determines the range of the bike. Most electric bikes come with lithium-ion batteries, which are rechargeable and long-lasting.
The battery capacity is measured in watt-hours. The higher the watt-hours, the longer you can travel on a single charge. For commuting purposes, a battery with a capacity of 400Wh or more is recommended.
4. Consider the Weight
The weight of the electric bike is a key consideration to consider. Electric bikes are known to be weigh more than traditional bikes due to the added weight of the motor and battery. However, the weight can differ based on the bike type and components.
For commuting or casual rides, a lighter electric bike may be preferable. However, if you plan on using your electric bike for off-road trails or mountain biking, a heavier bike may be more stable.
5. Consider the Bike’s Features
When choosing an electric bike, consider the characteristics that are essential to you. Some popular features include suspension for rough terrain, fenders and lights for safety, and adjustable seats and handlebars for personalized comfort.
6. Take the Bike for a Test Ride
Before making a purchase, it’s important to test ride the electric bike. This will allow you to get a feel for the bike’s handling and performance and ensure that it meets your expectations.
7. Consider the Price
Electric bikes are available at prices that range from the hundreds to ones with price tags that reach many thousands. Consider your budget and what features are important to you. While a higher price may mean better quality and features, there are often budget-friendly electric bikes available with good features.
8. Read Reviews and Do Research
Researching and reading reviews is a crucial step when purchasing an electric bike. Look for reviews from reputable sources and consider the experiences of other riders. Additionally, research the brand and the warranty offered to ensure that you are getting a reliable and durable electric bike.
9. Consider Maintenance and Repair
Maintenance and repair are important considerations when buying an electric bike. Factor in the cost of repairs and the availability of replacement parts. It is important to choose an electric bike from a brand that offers dependable support and warranty coverage.
10. Choose a Reputable Dealer
It's essential to choose a reliable dealer when purchasing an electric bike. Search for a dealer with positive customer reviews and expertise in electric bikes. A reputable dealer will provide guidance and support in choosing the right electric bike and offer maintenance and repair services.
When buying an electric bike for adults, it’s important to consider your riding needs and preferences, the motor and battery, the weight and features of the bike, and the price, reviews, maintenance, and dealer. By evaluating these factors, you can select an electric bike that meets your needs and expectations and provides an enjoyable and efficient riding experience.
Don't forget to read reviews and do research to ensure you're making an informed decision before making a purchase. Additionally, consider the maintenance and repair requirements of the bike and choose a reputable dealer with good customer reviews.
Finally, an electric bike is a fantastic investment in your health, transportation, and enjoyment of the outdoors. With advancements in technology and increasing popularity, there are numerous electric bike options accessible to fit different budgets and preferences. By applying the tips and guidelines discussed in this guide, you can make an informed decision and experience the joys of electric biking.