Affiliate Disclosure: We may earn commissions from purchases made through links in this post
- POWERFUL 26″ E-BIKE: This 350W electric mountain bike from Viribus will get you uphill, downtown, and around your neighborhood faster and easier than ever; the half horsepower brushless rear hub motor shortens commutes and blazes down trails even with loads up to 330 pounds!
- 48V BATTERY with USB: Our 48V 10.4Ah lithium battery locks securely when parked, recharges from zero in 5 hours and faster when starting from a partial charge, and provides over 90 miles of range in hybrid mode; riders on level paved roads can expect to get over 34 miles even when cruising along at full speed throttle control
- 3 CUSTOM MODES: This weatherproof electric bicycle works well as a standard 21 speed mountain bike with professional Shimano thumb shifters and derailleurs but it shines as a cruise control scooter with an adjustable max speed up to the 20mph legal limit and as a pedal-assisted electroped with three levels at 60%, 80%, and 100% of your top speed
- GREAT SAFETY & COMFORT: The lightweight yet sturdy aluminum alloy frame provides dependable strength while never becoming a burden, everything coming in under 45 pounds; front and rear disc brakes provide fast and even stopping power whenever needed, while the motor shifts automatically into neutral; front and rear lights and the integrated horn clearly announce your presence wherever you go
- USER FRIENDLY DESIGN: The ideal electric bike for men or women, the adjustable seat welcomes riders from 5'1″ to 6'2″ while the clear LED display shows battery life, speed, PAS status, distance, and cycling time at a glance; an integrated USB port lets your battery work as a power bank for your phone or other devices; and 2 mudguards keep the mess at a minimum even on rainy days or dirt trails
Guide To Buying An Electric Bike
Are you thinking of buying an electric bike for an adult? Electric bikes have become extremely popular in recent years, and for many good reasons. They offer an effortless way to commute and enjoy the outdoors while reducing your carbon footprint. But with so many options available, it can be overwhelming to choose the right electric bike for you. In this guide, we’ll provide some advice on what to look for when buying an electric bike for adults.
1. Assess Your Riding Requirements
The first step in buying an electric bike is to determine your riding needs. Think about how you plan to use your electric bike, whether it’s for commuting to work, mountain biking, or city cruising. This will help you narrow down your options and choose an electric bike that meets your specific requirements.
2. Choose Your Motor
The engine is one of the most critical components of an electric bike. It determines how fast you can go and how far you can travel on a single charge. The two most common types motors for electric bikes are hub motors and mid-drive motors.
Hub-driven motors are located in the wheels and provide power to the bike’s front or rear wheel. They are easy to maintain and less expensive than mid-drive motors. However, they can make the bike heavier and affect handling.
Mid-drive motors, on the other hand, are found close to the bike’s bottom bracket and provide power to the chain. They are more efficient and provide better torque. However, they can be more expensive and require more maintenance.
3. Consider the Battery
The battery is another important component to consider when buying an electric bike. The battery capacity determines the range of the bike. Most electric bikes come with lithium-ion batteries, which are reliable and long-lasting.
The battery capacity is measured in watt-hours. The larger the watt-hours, the further you can travel on a single charge. For commuting purposes, a battery with a capacity of at least 400Wh is recommended.
4. Evaluate the Weight
The weight of the electric bike is a key consideration to keep in mind. Electric bikes are known to be weigh more than traditional bikes due to the added weight of the motor and battery. However, the weight can vary depending on the type of bike and components used.
If you plan on using your electric bike for commuting or leisurely rides, a lighter bike may be more suitable. However, if you plan on using your electric bike for off-road trails or mountain biking, a heavier bike may be more stable.
5. Consider the Bike’s Features
When choosing an electric bike, consider the features that are essential to you. Some popular features include suspension for rough terrain, fenders and lights for safety, and adjustable seats and handlebars for customized comfort.
6. Test Ride the Bike
Test riding the electric bike before buying is crucial. This will help you experience the bike's performance and handling and ensure that it meets your needs.
7. Evaluate the Cost
Electric bikes can vary in price from relatively inexpensive to bikes that cost several thousands of dollars. Consider your budget and what features are important to you. While a higher price may mean better quality and features, there are also affordable electric bikes available with decent features.
8. Read Reviews and Conduct Research
Researching and reading reviews is a crucial step when purchasing an electric bike. Look for reviews from reputable sources and consider the experiences of other riders. Additionally, research the brand and the warranty offered to ensure that you are getting a reliable and durable electric bike.
9. Evaluate Maintenance and Repair
Maintenance and repair are important considerations when buying an electric bike. Factor in the cost of repairs and the availability of replacement parts. It is important to choose an electric bike from a brand that offers dependable support and warranty coverage.
10. Select a Trustworthy Dealer
It's essential to choose a reliable dealer when purchasing an electric bike. Search for a dealer with positive customer reviews and expertise in electric bikes. A trustworthy dealer will offer advice and assistance in selecting the right electric bike and provide maintenance and repair services.
When buying an electric bike for adults, it’s important to consider your riding needs and preferences, the motor and battery, the weight and features of the bike, and the price, reviews, maintenance, and dealer. By considering these factors, you can choose an electric bike that meets your needs and expectations and provides an enjoyable and efficient riding experience.
Don't forget to read reviews and do research to ensure you're making an informed decision before making a purchase. Additionally, assess the maintenance and repair requirements and select a trustworthy dealer with positive customer reviews.
Finally, an electric bike is a fantastic investment in your health, transportation, and enjoyment of the outdoors. With advancements in technology and increasing popularity, there are a variety of electric bike options accessible to fit different budgets and preferences. By using the tips and guidelines discussed in this guide, you can choose an electric bike with confidence and experience the joys of electric biking.