Affiliate Disclosure: We may earn commissions from purchases made through links in this post
- 3 Hour Fast Charging: Charge your battery in just 3 hours with the 4A standard charger, either directly on the bike or by removing the battery. Enjoy a quick 7-mile ride after just 15 minutes of charging while you take a break
- UL Certified Li-ion Battery: Experience freedom on the road with a 36V 13Ah large capacity li-ion battery that offers a pure electric mode range of 28-35 miles and a pedal-assisted mode range of 28-45 miles
- 350W High Power: Take on any terrain with ease with the 350W Bafang motor that reaches speeds of up to 20mph, making climbing easier.
- Ergonomic Design: Enjoy a comfortable ride with the electric bike's front fork and airbag saddle design, and feel secure with the mechanical disc brakes for added safety.
- Assembly & Customer Services: The electric mountain bike comes with a 12-month warranty and is 85% pre-assembled with instructions and tools included. Contact the US local call center for any assistance.
- Your Safety Comes First: Our commitment to safety has been recognized by SGS through certifications UL 2271 (for Li-ion battery) and UL 2789 (for the whole electric bike)
Guide To Buying An Electric Bike
Are you thinking of buying an electric bike for yourself? Electric bikes have become extremely popular in recent years, and for many good reasons. They offer an easy way to travel and exercise while being environmentally friendly. But with so many options available, it can be difficult to choose the right electric bike for you. In this guide, we’ll provide some tips on what to look for when buying an electric bike for adults.
1. Determine Your Riding Needs
The first step in buying an electric bike is to assess your riding needs. Consider how you plan to use your electric bike, whether it’s for commuting to work, mountain biking, or city cruising. This will help you narrow down your options and select an electric bike that meets your specific requirements.
2. Choose Your Motor
The motor is one of the most important components of an electric bike. It affects how fast you can go and how much you can travel on a single charge. The two most common types motors for electric bikes are hub motors and mid-drive motors.
Hub motors are located in the wheels and deliver power to the bike’s rear wheel. They are simple to maintain and less expensive than mid-drive motors. However, they can make the bike heavier and affect handling.
Mid-drive motors, on the other hand, are found close to the bike’s bottom bracket and deliver power through the bike's chain. They are efficient and provide better torque. However, they can be more expensive and need more upkeep.
3. Consider the Battery
The battery is another important component to consider when buying an electric bike. The battery capacity determines the range of the bike. Most electric bikes come with lithium-ion batteries, which are rechargeable and long-lasting.
The battery capacity is measured in watt-hours. The larger the watt-hours, the longer you can travel on a single charge. For commuting purposes, a battery with a capacity of at least 400Wh is advised.
4. Evaluate the Weight
The weight of the electric bike is an important factor to keep in mind. Electric bikes are usually much heavier than conventional bicycles due to the added weight of the motor and battery. However, the weight can vary depending on the type of bike and components used.
If you plan on using your electric bike for commuting or leisurely rides, a lighter bike may be more suitable. However, if you plan on using your electric bike for off-road trails or mountain biking, a heavier bike may be safer.
5. Consider the Bike’s Features
When choosing an electric bike, consider the features that are essential to you. Some popular features include suspension for rough terrain, fenders and lights for safety, and adjustable seats and handlebars for personalized comfort.
6. Take the Bike for a Test Ride
Test riding the electric bike before buying is crucial. This will help you experience the bike's performance and handling and ensure that it meets your expectations.
7. Evaluate the Cost
Electric bikes are available at prices that range from the hundreds to ones with price tags that reach many thousands. Assess your budget and prioritize the features that matter to you. While a higher price may mean better quality and features, there are also budget-friendly electric bikes available with decent features.
8. Read Reviews and Conduct Research
Researching and reading reviews is a crucial step when purchasing an electric bike. Seek reviews from reliable sources and factor in the experiences of other riders. Additionally, research the brand and warranty coverage to ensure that you are getting a reliable and durable electric bike.
9. Evaluate Maintenance and Repair
Maintenance and repair requirements should be evaluated when purchasing an electric bike. Consider the availability of replacement parts and the cost of repairs. It is recommended to select an electric bike from a brand that offers reliable support and warranty coverage.
10. Select a Trustworthy Dealer
Choosing a reputable dealer is important when buying an electric bike. Search for a dealer with positive customer reviews and expertise in electric bikes. A trustworthy dealer will offer advice and assistance in selecting the right electric bike and provide maintenance and repair services.
When buying an electric bike for adults, it’s important to consider your riding needs and preferences, the motor and battery, the weight and features of the bike, and the price, reviews, maintenance, and dealer. By considering these factors, you can choose an electric bike that fits your needs and delivers a fun and efficient riding experience.
Remember to read reviews and do research to ensure you're making an informed decision before making a purchase. Additionally, consider the maintenance and repair requirements of the bike and choose a reputable dealer with good customer reviews.
Lastly, an electric bike can be a great investment in your health, transportation, and enjoyment of the outdoors. With technology advances and increasing popularity, there are numerous electric bike options available to meet a range of preferences and budgets. By using the tips and guidelines outlined in this guide, you can choose an electric bike with confidence and enjoy the benefits of electric biking.