Affiliate Disclosure: We may earn commissions from purchases made through links in this post
- Choose How You Ride – Use a built-in Pedal Assist System (P.A.S.) matched with a high-quality 3×7 Speed Gear Shifter, to match your mood, intensity, and experience level. The 21-Speed Gear Shifting can instantly change gears during riding based on where and how you ride.
- Ultra-Long Battery Life – Ultra-long and efficient battery system to power riders throughout the day, afternoon, and night with a 8Ah/36V lithium-ion battery which can last up to 20 miles on just a single charge. Ride longer, faster, and farther with a world-class battery.
- Balance, Speed, Power – Designed using a revolutionary Triple Triangle Frame using actual carbon steel to ensure greater balance, support, and riding performance. Reach speeds of up to 20mph and race through muddy mountain trails, crowded city streets, and local parks.
- High-Performance Motor – A powerful and high-performance motor using 250Watts of pure power to supercharge overall performance and riding. Plenty of power and torque during acceleration, ascend up hills of 20° gradients, and overall a more intense ride.
- Installation Is Simple – Comes 85% pre-assembled! The majority of our bike parts come pre-assembled but some minor installation is required. Simply follow the step-by-step guide found within the user manual for a fun, fast, and easy process. **Note: Installing the Cable Management Clip is OPTIONAL.
Guide To Buying An Electric Bike
Are you thinking of buying an e-bike for an adult? Electric bikes have become extremely popular in recent years, and for many good reasons. They offer an easy way to commute and exercise while reducing your carbon footprint. But with so many options available, it can be overwhelming to choose the right electric bike for you. In this guide, we’ll provide some advice on what to look for when buying an electric bike for adults.
1. Determine Your Riding Needs
The first step in buying an electric bike is to assess your riding needs. Think about how you plan to use your electric bike, whether it’s for daily errands, mountain biking, or city cruising. This will help you narrow down your options and choose an electric bike that is suitable for your needs.
2. Select Your Motor
The motor is one of the most critical components of an electric bike. It determines how fast you can go and how much you can travel on a single charge. The main types of electric motors for bikes are the hub and mid-drive kinds.
Hub-driven motors are placed within the wheels and deliver power to the bike’s front or rear wheel. They are simple to maintain and less expensive than mid-drive motors. However, they can make the bike heavier and make it more difficult to handle.
Mid-drive motors, on the other hand, are found close to the bike’s bottom bracket and deliver power through the bike's chain. They are more efficient and provide better torque. However, they can be more expensive and require more maintenance.
3. Consider the Battery
The battery is a crucial element to consider when buying an electric bike. It determines how far you can go on a single charge. Most electric bikes come with lithium-ion batteries, which are rechargeable and long-lasting.
The capacity of the battery is measured in watt-hours (Wh). The larger the watt-hours, the further you can travel on a single charge. For commuting purposes, a battery with a capacity of at least 400Wh is advised.
4. Consider the Weight
The weight of the electric bike is a key consideration to keep in mind. Electric bikes are usually much heavier than conventional bicycles due to the added weight of the motor and battery. However, the weight can vary depending on the type of bike and components used.
If you plan on using your electric bike for commuting or leisurely rides, a lighter bike may be more suitable. However, if you plan on using your electric bike for off-road trails or mountain biking, a heavier bike may be safer.
5. Consider the Bike’s Features
When choosing an electric bike, consider the features that are important to you. Some popular features include suspension systems for off-road riding, fenders and lights for safety, and adjustable seats and handlebars for customized comfort.
6. Take the Bike for a Test Ride
Before making a purchase, it’s important to test ride the electric bike. This will help you experience the bike's performance and handling and ensure that it meets your expectations.
7. Evaluate the Cost
Electric bikes can vary in price from relatively inexpensive to bikes that cost several thousands of dollars. Consider your budget and what features are important to you. While a higher price may mean better quality and features, there are often affordable electric bikes available with good features.
8. Read Reviews and Do Research
Researching and reading reviews is a crucial step when purchasing an electric bike. Look for reviews from reputable sources and consider the experiences of other riders. Additionally, research the brand and the warranty offered to ensure that you are getting a reliable and durable electric bike.
9. Evaluate Maintenance and Repair
Maintenance and repair are important considerations when buying an electric bike. Factor in the cost of repairs and the availability of replacement parts. It is recommended to select an electric bike from a brand that offers reliable support and warranty coverage.
10. Choose a Reputable Dealer
Choosing a reputable dealer is important when buying an electric bike. Search for a dealer with positive customer reviews and expertise in electric bikes. A trustworthy dealer will offer advice and assistance in selecting the right electric bike and provide maintenance and repair services.
When buying an electric bike for adults, it’s important to consider your riding needs and preferences, the motor and battery, the weight and features of the bike, and the price, reviews, maintenance, and dealer. By evaluating these factors, you can select an electric bike that meets your needs and expectations and provides an enjoyable and efficient riding experience.
Remember to prior to purchasing conduct research and read reviews to make an informed decision. Additionally, assess the maintenance and repair requirements and select a trustworthy dealer with positive customer reviews.
Lastly, an electric bike can be a great investment in your health, transportation, and enjoyment of the outdoors. With technology advances and increasing popularity, there are a variety of electric bike options accessible to fit different budgets and preferences. By applying the tips and guidelines discussed in this guide, you can choose an electric bike with confidence and enjoy the benefits of electric biking.