Affiliate Disclosure: We may earn commissions from purchases made through links in this post
- UPGRADE – This 20″ electric folding bike has been upgraded with a Headlight, which helps you ride more safely at night.
- CONVENIENT – As a very small 20” electric bike for adults, it only has 53.35lbs, with the 36V 12.5AH Large Removable Lithium Battery. Smoothly, quietly, and lightly, commute to work or other places in the city would be convenient. Easy to charge the UL certified battery anywhere. Say goodbye to traffic jams.
- FOLDABLE – Folding stem, frame and pedals. Folding the bike would help save your space when you do not need it. With adjustable seat, this bike could fits your body and provide you with maximum comfort.
- 4 WORKING MODES – A powerful and cost-effective mountain e-bike. No matter when you pedal the bike or twist the throttle, the motor will power up. When you do not want to ride the bike, there is a Booster Mode to help you. Press the 6km button, the bike will travel at 6 km/h (3.73miles/h), easy to push. With the battery running out of power, pedal the city bicycle normally as you would any bicycle.
- CONDITION – 20” Aluminium Alloy Frame. Max Load: 200Lb. Mechanical Brake system: Front V brake and rear disc brake. 350W Brushless high-speed Gear Motor. Max travel range up to 20 miles under pure electric mode and 36 miles in pedal assisted mode.
- 90% PRE-ASSEMBLED – You can assemble it yourself in less than an hour by referring to our Assembly video. Tip: after receiving the bike, please record its series number (usually located at the bottom of the bike frame, some models will be located on the head tube).
- NO RISK SHOPPING – Each bike comes with a 18 months warranty against manufacturing defects in materials or workmanship on its frame, battery, motor, controller, and display.
Helpful Tips When Choosing A New Electric Bike
Are you thinking of buying an e-bike for an adult? Electric bikes have become extremely popular in recent years, and for many good reasons. They offer an easy way to commute and exercise while being environmentally friendly. But with so many options available, it can be difficult to choose the right electric bike for you. In this guide, we’ll provide some tips on what to look for when buying an electric bike for adults.
1. Assess Your Riding Requirements
The first step in buying an electric bike is to assess your riding needs. Think about how you plan to use your electric bike, whether it’s for daily errands, mountain biking, or leisurely rides around town. This will help you narrow down your options and select an electric bike that is suitable for your needs.
2. Select Your Motor
The engine is one of the most critical components of an electric bike. It affects how fast you can go and how much you can travel on a single charge. The two most common types motors for electric bikes are hub motors and mid-drive motors.
Hub motors are located in the wheels and provide power to the bike’s front or rear wheel. They are simple to maintain and more affordable than mid-drive motors. However, they can add weight to the bike and affect handling.
Mid-drive motors, on the other hand, are located near the bike's bottom bracket and deliver power through the bike's chain. They are efficient and provide better torque. However, they can be costlier and need more upkeep.
3. Consider the Battery
The battery is another important component to consider when buying an electric bike. It determines how far you can go on a single charge. Most electric bikes come with lithium-ion batteries, which are rechargeable and long-lasting.
The capacity of the battery is measured in watt-hours (Wh). The higher the watt-hours, the longer you can travel on a single charge. For commuting purposes, a battery with a capacity of at least 400Wh is recommended.
4. Evaluate the Weight
The weight of the electric bike is an important factor to consider. Electric bikes are usually much heavier than conventional bicycles due to the added weight of the motor and battery. However, the weight can differ based on the bike type and components.
For commuting or casual rides, a lighter electric bike may be preferable. However, if you plan on using your electric bike for off-road trails or mountain biking, a heavier bike may be safer.
5. Consider the Bike’s Features
When choosing an electric bike, consider the features that are essential to you. Some popular features include suspension for rough terrain, fenders and lights for safety, and adjustable seats and handlebars for personalized comfort.
6. Test Ride the Bike
Before making a purchase, it’s important to test ride the electric bike. This will help you experience the bike's performance and handling and ensure that it meets your expectations.
7. Evaluate the Cost
Electric bikes are available at prices that range from the hundreds to ones with price tags that reach many thousands. Assess your budget and prioritize the features that matter to you. While a higher price may mean better quality and features, there are also affordable electric bikes available with decent features.
8. Read Reviews and Do Research
Researching and reading reviews is a crucial step when purchasing an electric bike. Look for reviews from reputable sources and consider the experiences of other riders. Additionally, research the brand and warranty coverage to ensure that you are getting a reliable and durable electric bike.
9. Consider Maintenance and Repair
Maintenance and repair requirements should be evaluated when purchasing an electric bike. Factor in the cost of repairs and the availability of replacement parts. It is recommended to select an electric bike from a brand that offers dependable support and warranty coverage.
10. Choose a Reputable Dealer
It's essential to choose a reliable dealer when purchasing an electric bike. Search for a dealer with positive customer reviews and expertise in electric bikes. A trustworthy dealer will offer advice and assistance in selecting the right electric bike and provide maintenance and repair services.
When buying an electric bike for adults, it’s important to consider your riding needs and preferences, the motor and battery, the weight and features of the bike, and the price, reviews, maintenance, and dealer. By considering these factors, you can select an electric bike that meets your needs and expectations and provides an enjoyable and efficient riding experience.
Don't forget to prior to purchasing conduct research and read reviews to make an informed decision. Additionally, assess the maintenance and repair requirements and select a trustworthy dealer with positive customer reviews.
Finally, an electric bike can be a great investment in your health, transportation, and enjoyment of the outdoors. With advancements in technology and increasing popularity, there are a variety of electric bike options available to fit different budgets and preferences. By applying the tips and guidelines outlined in this guide, you can choose an electric bike with confidence and experience the joys of electric biking.