Affiliate Disclosure: We may earn commissions from purchases made through links in this post
- ALL-TERRAIN MEETS ALL-PURPOSE—Fully loaded eMTB that’s just as comfortable cruising the town as it is crushing trails. Rugged without sacrificing comfort thanks to shock-absorbing dual suspension. 26-inch spoked wheels with anti-slip tires provide incredible traction.
- DYNAMIC BRUSHLESS 350W MOTOR—As silent as to its namesake but powerful enough to reach top speeds up to 19.5MPH. Engineered from premium components for massive power, outstanding performance, and lasting efficiency.
- 3 RIDING MODES + 3 SPEED MODES + 21 GEARS–Go full throttle, ride pedal-only, or use pedal-assist for an added boost whenever you want it. Set speed limits for younger riders until they get used to the Viper’s capabilities.
- REMOVABLE BATTERY PACK—Custom 37V 8Ah battery delivers up to 16.8 miles on a single charge. Quickly swap the old battery with a new, fresh one. And bring the old battery home or to the office with you to charge. Charging time: ~4 hours.
- RIDER-FIRST DESIGN: Dual disc brakes deliver sure-stop reliability. Easily fold down the Viper to roughly 35x35x12” and stow it away until you’re ready to uncoil and unleash the ride.
- FULLY LOADED OFF-ROAD eBIKE—Fully adjustable seat and handlebars (height, tilt, and angle). LED display to keep track of speed, travel time, and battery life. IPX4 weather-ready construction.
Guide To Buying An Electric Bike
Are you thinking of buying an e-bike for yourself? Electric bikes have become extremely popular in recent years, and for many good reasons. They offer an easy way to commute and enjoy the outdoors while reducing your carbon footprint. But with so many options available, it can be difficult to choose the right electric bike for you. In this guide, we’ll provide some tips on what to look for when buying an electric bike for adults.
1. Determine Your Riding Needs
The first step in buying an electric bike is to determine your riding needs. Consider how you plan to use your electric bike, whether it’s for daily errands, mountain biking, or city cruising. This will help you narrow down your options and select an electric bike that meets your specific requirements.
2. Select Your Motor
The engine is one of the most critical components of an electric bike. It determines how fast you can go and how far you can travel on a single charge. The two most common types motors for electric bikes are hub motors and mid-drive motors.
Hub-driven motors are placed within the wheels and provide power to the bike’s front or rear wheel. They are easy to maintain and more affordable than mid-drive motors. However, they can make the bike heavier and make it more difficult to handle.
Mid-mounted motors, on the other hand, are located near the bike's bottom bracket and provide power to the chain. They are efficient and offer better torque. However, they can be more expensive and need more upkeep.
3. Evaluate the Battery
The battery is another important component to consider when buying an electric bike. It determines how far you can go on a single charge. Most electric bikes come with lithium-ion batteries, which are reliable and long-lasting.
The battery capacity is measured in watt-hours. The higher the watt-hours, the longer you can travel on a single charge. For daily purposes, a battery with a capacity of 400Wh or more is recommended.
4. Evaluate the Weight
The weight of the electric bike is a key consideration to consider. Electric bikes are known to be weigh more than traditional bikes due to the added weight of the motor and battery. However, the weight can differ based on the bike type and components.
If you plan on using your electric bike for commuting or leisurely rides, a lighter bike may be more suitable. However, if you plan on using your electric bike for off-road trails or mountain biking, a heavier bike may be more stable.
5. Consider the Bike’s Features
When choosing an electric bike, consider the characteristics that are important to you. Some popular features include suspension for off-road riding, fenders and lights for commuting, and adjustable seats and handlebars for customized comfort.
6. Test Ride the Bike
Before making a purchase, it’s important to test ride the electric bike. This will allow you to get a feel for the bike’s handling and performance and ensure that it meets your expectations.
7. Evaluate the Cost
Electric bikes can vary in price from relatively inexpensive to bikes that cost several thousands of dollars. Consider your budget and what features are important to you. While a higher price may mean better quality and features, there are often affordable electric bikes available with decent features.
8. Read Reviews and Do Research
Reading reviews and conducting research is an important step in buying an electric bike. Look for reviews from reputable sources and consider the experiences of other riders. Additionally, research the brand and the warranty offered to ensure that you are getting a reliable and durable electric bike.
9. Consider Maintenance and Repair
Maintenance and repair requirements should be evaluated when purchasing an electric bike. Factor in the cost of repairs and the availability of replacement parts. It is important to select an electric bike from a brand that offers reliable support and warranty coverage.
10. Choose a Reputable Dealer
It's essential to choose a reliable dealer when purchasing an electric bike. Look for a dealer with good customer reviews and experience with electric bikes. A trustworthy dealer will offer advice and assistance in selecting the right electric bike and provide maintenance and repair services.
When buying an electric bike for adults, it’s important to consider your riding needs and preferences, the motor and battery, the weight and features of the bike, and the price, reviews, maintenance, and dealer. By evaluating these factors, you can choose an electric bike that meets your needs and expectations and provides an enjoyable and efficient riding experience.
Don't forget to read reviews and do research to ensure you're making an informed decision before making a purchase. Additionally, assess the maintenance and repair requirements and select a trustworthy dealer with positive customer reviews.
Finally, an electric bike can be a great investment in your health, transportation, and enjoyment of the outdoors. With advancements in technology and increasing popularity, there are a variety of electric bike options accessible to meet a range of preferences and budgets. By using the tips and guidelines outlined in this guide, you can make an informed decision and enjoy the benefits of electric biking.